When there is a flood in your home or business, it can leave you disoriented and stressed out. Water Damage occurs when an overflow of water intrudes in a sealed area, resulting in a flood. Leakage can seep through faulty Plywood, floorboards, walls, rotting or rusted pipes. Water damage can be slow moving but the effects are the still the same— it’s one of the biggest reason for the loss of property, which can cost you exponentially. Cost you in time away from your regular schedule and money to reconstruct and restoration of the problem areas.
There are many causes of water damage, but most times the leakage is lacking in transparency, that when the flood occurs it can have a blindsiding effect. Burst pipes are the number one reason for water damage. This could because of weather-related crises that freezes the tubes; rusted pipes because of time and lack of maintenance; blockage and clogged drains, which can rupture because of the heavyweight and cause a flood; household equipment, such as dishwashers and washing machines, can be defected and cause a flood. Whatever the reason for water damage, the effect is still the same, potential loss of property and disruption of schedule. If water damage happens in a business, this could lead to the loss of clients and money. That’s why it’s imperative to get water damage fixed before damage to the surrounding area.
How to prevent water damage?
While water damage can be slow moving, there are still things that you can be aware of to prevent loss of infrastructure caused by a flood.
– Make sure your sewage lines are running smoothly. Lookout for holes, rust, and water sprays around the tubes when flushed. Replace any pipes when necessary in order to get your problem area back into tip-top shape.
– Gutters can get blocked when a storm occurs. This could lead to water damage on roofs and loss of property. Make sure you clean your gutters at least three times a year and after every major storm.
– Disconnect hoses after each use
– Upgrade household machines. This includes but is not limited to, washing machines, and dishwashers. Make sure the hoses that connected to these types of equipment are not rusted, brittle or leaky.
– Check water pressure in your showers, sinks, and toilets. Sometimes when the water is coming out too forcefully it can cause the pipes to burst.
– Maintain trees and other vegetation around your home. Roots from trees can crush and damage the pipes, which could lead to burst pipes. Likewise, be careful where you plant. Some plants roots are prone to quick growths. Don’t plant these around an area you think there are pipes.
– Keep a watchful eye on your water bill. If you notice that your bill is unusually climbing, it might be a sign of water damage.
For when you don’t catch it
New York Water Damage is here for all your flooding needs. We served the community for over 25 years and have a proven track record of successful restoration in a speedy time. We have top of the line equipment, such as air movers to suck out the water and mold remediation sprays that stop the growth of mold and mildew. You don’t have to do this alone. We know that water damage can be a real hassle, that’s why we are here to take up the grunt work, so you can go back to your regular schedule and have peace of mind that the work is getting done. We are open 24/7 and have rapid emergency services.
Call us now for a free estimate. Check out our website for more articles on our top of the line services.
Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really
make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got
your design. Thank you
We used a template and worked from there. Thanks for reading!
Hello There. I discovered your blog the use of msn. That is a really
well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful information. Thank you for the post.
I’ll definitely comeback.